#1 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 1:35 pm

nuckle
Rank
dnuckles
Score: 13,778,055
18,469 K / 14,274 D
Dogtags: 36

New COD

Call of Duty: Black Ops. We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/30/call- … ov-9-2010/

#2 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 9:28 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Roster Status: Clan Leader
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

Re: New COD

heh, I'd think twice before I'd purchase another Activision game ever again. I wouldn't support Activision after this dick move

http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/03/07 … nity-ward/

and some more information (not sure if much of it is mentioned in my first link

http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/04/23 … -veterans/

Sorry nuckle for thread jacking hmm

signature.png

#3 Sat, May 01, 2010 8:10 am

coolrunnin
Administrator
Xfire
Rank
coolrunnin
Score: 6,502,995
8,617 K / 5,080 D
Dogtags: 46

SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 30, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ --

DECLASSIFIED: Prepare for the follow-up to the biggest entertainment launch in history: on November 9th Call of Duty(R): Black Ops(TM) will introduce fans to the elite world of Black Ops. Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and award-winning developer Treyarch will take players behind enemy lines in an entirely new chapter in the groundbreaking and record-setting, No. 1 first-person action series of all-time.

"We can't wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops," said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

I am mentally challenging you.....so consider yourself mentally challenged.

2680525.png

887884.png

5czer1.png

#4 Sat, May 01, 2010 10:05 am

SunSpot
Xfire

" In December, 2007, Activision  announced an $18 billion dollar deal with Vivendi Universal’s game division. The merger combined Activision — with assets ranging from Spider-Man to Call of Duty — with Vivendi Games’ Blizzard Entertainment, which had its own huge hits in World of Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft"

One of the early successful game companies (1990) was Sierra Online.. they of course hired the newly formed VALVE to create Half Life.  Vivendi purchased Sierra (with massive promises), and Sierras founders Ken & Roberta Williams were then forced out of the company into early retirement.  VALVE ended up suing (successfully) Vivendi for the Half Life name and gave Vivendi the finger for breach of contract, among other things.

So far, Vivendi has destroyed several of the most successful titles in gaming, strictly by fucking the industries best developers in the ass, while hoarding all the money and glory of titles they bought (not titles they developed).

As soon as Vivendi gets involved you can bet your ass disaster and lawsuits will follow.  I wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire, let alone buy a game from them.

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah.. the Line "Dedicated Mulitplayer" does not mean dedicated servers.... it just means a multiplayer game without AI involved.  MW2 is a dedicated Multiplayer game also, with a COOP option.

Last edited by SunSpot (Sat, May 01, 2010 10:10 am)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didnt plan the mission properly.
pc_SunSpot.png

#5 Sat, May 01, 2010 3:43 pm

nuckle
Rank
dnuckles
Score: 13,778,055
18,469 K / 14,274 D
Dogtags: 36

SunSpot wrote:

Oh yeah.. the Line "Dedicated Mulitplayer" does not mean dedicated servers.... it just means a multiplayer game without AI involved.  MW2 is a dedicated Multiplayer game also, with a COOP option.

sad

i still havent bought mw2... ill probably not be getting this one either if that is the case.

: theres a trailer on joystick today... no game play footage just cinematics.

#6 Sat, May 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Ronin
Roster Status: Clan Member
Xfire
Rank
1911Ronin
Score: 31,756
51 K / 94 D
Dogtags: 1
Rank
1911Ronin
Cash: $8,586,595
15,311 K / 13,217 D
Takedowns: 0

I like the single player in MW2,didnt buy it though

b_560_95.png

#7 Sat, May 01, 2010 4:14 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

Keep an eye out for a new game from EA within the next few years made by Respawn Entertainment (IW's top guys) to possibly destroy CoD (if it's in the same genre, which I would tend to think it would be)

signature.png

#8 Sat, May 15, 2010 10:13 am

coolrunnin
Administrator
Xfire
Rank
coolrunnin
Score: 6,502,995
8,617 K / 5,080 D
Dogtags: 46

Call of Duty Black Ops Beta Confirmed – Codes Leaked
Team DX Coders – The very same people who cracked the key algorithm for Halo: Reach – Have made an announcement that they have found Beta keys for Call of Duty Black Ops. Team DX Coders have been known for the fact that they leaked Beta Keys for Halo: Reach before there was even a beta announcement, and it looks like it’s the same again this time.

CoD: Black Ops dedicated servers confirmed
Friday 14-May-2010 6:00 AM Treyarch thinks "dedicated servers are excellent
Call of Duty: Black Ops will be getting dedicated servers, according to studio head Mark Lamia.

When asked whether the popular feature would be present in Black Ops in the new issue of PC Zone, Lamia replied, "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to."

"It seems people like them and we're excited about what we're doing right now."

Lamia showed his appreciation of how much dedicated servers meant to a lot of PC gamers:

"We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides."

"We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."

I am mentally challenging you.....so consider yourself mentally challenged.

2680525.png

887884.png

5czer1.png

#9 Sun, May 16, 2010 1:02 am

awolf115
Xfire

First party, manipulate, participate, communal, marry ???   What happened to MW 2.

Answer.  GREED

FINAL ANSWER.  Leave console gamers to there communal ways and let PC gamers have dedicated servers and the ability to kick hackers and whiners and you will sell more games... You'd think they were in bed with the goverment  control  control  control

Just my rant for today...   Wolf

Board footer