=}ESAW{= Extreme Soldiers At War

You are not logged in.

#1 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 12:52 am

Crasher
Retired

Hello there and need some gaming advice...

Just wanted to say hello and comment on how much I like playing on the NYC server.  It's my favourite (I'm Canadian) server by far and well moderated.  Thanks to the admins.

I just started to play this game over 3 months ago as I wanted to test out my new computer I put together.  I'm not really a gamer as you probably can tell.  My PC is running Windows Vista Ultimate, 4 GB Dual Channel RAM even though Windows only recognizes 3GB, Core 2 Duo E7400 OC to 3.5Ghz, ATI 4670 overclocked and using some of the settings I found in the PC section, I'm getting anywhere from 100 to 175 fps.   I just got a G5 mouse and a Fang keypad.  I think hardware wise, I'm pretty good.

So, my scores are generally in the 30 to 40 range for kills which have improved but find I'm kind of stuck there.  I recently got 70 but I think it helps when you have a strong team playing with you and unloading 3 nades and a stun all the time.  I resorted to playing with an MP5 and 3 frags most of the time because I found that I am useless at shooting from any distance.  Even with the MP5,  I tend to unload a whole round to get a kill and sometimes 2 or 3 if I'm in close range.  I noticed the better players are really good in shooting from far and close up.  Any tips on improving accuracy and getting higher kill rates?

#2 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 1:29 am

Wreckahoe
Founder
Roster Status: Clan Founder
Xfire

Rank
cptwreckahoe
Score: 32,873,119
31,846 K / 30,131 D
Dogtags: 136

Re: Hello there and need some gaming advice...

the same way u get to carnagie hall

Mag_Test_1.jpg

2618339.png
y2r7lr.png
4dh5pb.png

#3 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 1:32 am

Cheetah
Retired
Website

the same way u get to carnagie hall

What does that even mean, man???  :-P

<3K

#4 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 3:59 am

Ron

I assume thats Wreck's way of saying practice.

it seems like a lot of the game is reflex based and awareness of opponents.  I wondered this at a point and started specing the pubstars and realized that the difference between players like me (I almost always finish in the top half of my team but not spectacular) and the pubstars such as Chaos is they have much quicker reflexes and are always aware of their surroundings.  I need to start paying attention to those around me but then I lose the adrenaline rush of charging in the open!  8)

I probably do as well as you so I don't really have any advice but you're probably best off experimenting with different kits and seeing what style fits you best.  You said 3 grenades and 1 stun but I personally tried that and it seems the more I throw grenades the worse I do.  everyone is different.

#5 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 7:57 am

Sugarjesus
Retired
Xfire

the pubstars such as Chaos.

HAHA - dude called Chaos a pub star.

sugarjesus.png

#6 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 9:08 am

iv1
=}ESAW{=
Roster Status: Clan Member
Xfire

Rank
the_iv1
Score: 13,587,343
18,601 K / 11,113 D
Dogtags: 419

Thats not completely inaccurate...

#7 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Ron

Actually I originally had 2 or 3 other names in that post as well but it was 4am so I deleted them. Wanted to make sure I didn't put "Sugarjesus" in there by mistake.  wink

#8 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Sugarjesus
Retired
Xfire

Actually I originally had 2 or 3 other names in that post as well but it was 4am so I deleted them. Wanted to make sure I didn't put "Sugarjesus" in there by mistake.  wink

Yes putting my name in there as a "star" would have been a mistake.  I know my place in the universe. 

Crasher - first step - uplpoad WRECK's configuration - it's on the forum.  I did that and my game improved quickly.

sugarjesus.png

#9 Sun, Jul 19, 2009 8:19 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Roster Status: Clan Leader
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

i'm guessing the hateraid bunch were included

signature.png

#10 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 7:47 am

Wonka

Lol good to know I am officially a pub star, oh and IV fuck off lol i am just fine in matches too!!!!!! I will say this pubbing is way different then a match, when I pub I am out for a kill one thing I do that sometimes is good and sometimes not so good is go the oppisite way of the heard. A lot of times you can sneak by the enemy and flank em! With the mp5 close range multiple targets you just need to learn to take out the threats first (the guys looking at you) then when the other de de de's figure out people are dieing around them there next on the list and dead too. Knowing where they are and knowing the way to get at them with some cover is better then being a good shooter.

#11 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 8:34 am

coolrunnin
Administrator
Xfire
Rank
coolrunnin
Score: 6,502,995
8,617 K / 5,080 D
Dogtags: 46

To be a PubStar wouldnt you have to have a pc to be able to play a game to be a PUBSTAR?  seems chaos is kinda screwed here  lol

I am mentally challenging you.....so consider yourself mentally challenged.

2680525.png

887884.png

5czer1.png

#12 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 9:03 am

Ricrok
Xfire
Rank
ricrock
Score: 775,521
705 K / 1,036 D
Dogtags: 11

To be a PubStar wouldnt you have to have a pc to be able to play a game to be a PUBSTAR?  seems chaos is kinda screwed here  lol

OHHHH.  Burnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

:11:

MEH

#13 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 9:35 am

Wildkatz69
=}ESAW{=WildKat
Xfire

LMFAO  COOL.   now thats funny,  hopefully he gets his shit today and hes back up and running...

wildkatz1sig-1.png

#14 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 9:59 am

Wonka

Damn Cool now that was below the belt!!!! I doubt if I see it today but I should be Tuesday or Wednesday! With all this downtime my case sure looks purty!!!

#15 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 10:51 am

coolrunnin
Administrator
Xfire
Rank
coolrunnin
Score: 6,502,995
8,617 K / 5,080 D
Dogtags: 46

ahh end of the week eh? I guess you'll be back to playin like a nub from the lack of play time but shouldnt take u long to get back to "PUBSTAR" status.

I am mentally challenging you.....so consider yourself mentally challenged.

2680525.png

887884.png

5czer1.png

#16 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 11:30 am

Wonka

my pubstar status may be doomed if EVGA doesnt step the fuck up and ship my shit!!!!

#17 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Ronin
Xfire
Rank
1911Ronin
Score: 31,756
51 K / 94 D
Dogtags: 1
Rank
1911Ronin
Cash: $8,586,595
15,311 K / 13,217 D
Takedowns: 0

Find your own style of play you enjoy and just play a lot,the scores will come.I like moving a lot and shooting a lot,outfitted with a mp5 or ak 74u  i do pretty well.If i try to hold a postion or play differently i dont usually enjoy it,then i get bored or aggravated and my score suffers.Although lately ive been trying sniping a bit,but if my team is getting its ass kicked i swap back to another kit.

b_560_95.png

#18 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Crasher
Retired

Thanks for the replies:

Ron,  haven't thought much about reflexes which I agree is important.  I re-tried that little exercise in SP mode and the best I can get is 21sec and the best score according to the game is like 15 sec.  Has anyone actually done 15 or better?   Reflexes may be a little difficult for me since I'm probably a bit older than most.  Mind and body don't quite react like they used to.

SJ,  I thought I had some of the right configs to boost my fps so didn't use Wreck's config file but thought I would give it a try and wow, it does seem to give a boost.  I seem to lose my blue or red tiger colours but that's not important.

Ronin,  yeah, I don't think I've nailed down my style of play yet but I do like moving around a lot and sometimes that's all I seem to be doing.  I especially hate it when I run into a section where I was expecting one opponent and bam, there's like 5 or 6.  I then have both my arms in the air.  I think I do need to work on reflexes, changing kits and style of play based on the situation.

Btw, what is a pubstar???

#19 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Wonka

Pubstar is someone who gets high scores all the time in a pub or public server. As for the SP test I can get a 16 but dont think I have ever gotten a 15.  I like to play the airplane hijacker part in SP on expert and see how fast I can do it. That was the best part of SP to me.

#20 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 3:36 pm

sleepingdog
Resident Hillbilly
Xfire

Rank
asleepingdog
Score: 73,250,258
104,098 K / 54,443 D
Dogtags: 2601

Thanks for the replies:

Ron,  haven't thought much about reflexes which I agree is important.  I re-tried that little exercise in SP mode and the best I can get is 21sec and the best score according to the game is like 15 sec.  Has anyone actually done 15 or better?   Reflexes may be a little difficult for me since I'm probably a bit older than most.  Mind and body don't quite react like they used to.

SJ,  I thought I had some of the right configs to boost my fps so didn't use Wreck's config file but thought I would give it a try and wow, it does seem to give a boost.  I seem to lose my blue or red tiger colours but that's not important.

Ronin,  yeah, I don't think I've nailed down my style of play yet but I do like moving around a lot and sometimes that's all I seem to be doing.  I especially hate it when I run into a section where I was expecting one opponent and bam, there's like 5 or 6.  I then have both my arms in the air.  I think I do need to work on reflexes, changing kits and style of play based on the situation.

Btw, what is a pubstar???

EvilKarnie beat the 15 seconds. 

I don't use a specific config on mine, I hopped in an empty server and turned things off one at a time to see what the affects were .  Personally, I like the eye candy.

I changed my key set up to one that I am comfortable with.  Get used to using hte melee button and switching to your pistol quickly.

A pubstar is the guy that finishes at the top EVERY map in the public servers.

Sleepingdog_sig_blurredsmall.jpg

#21 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Ron

Singleplayer on veteran was lots of fun. didn't like it as much in World at War because their idea of making a game tougher is adding more snipers in trees and tripling the amount of grenades.  The airplane mission is a mixed bag for me. haven't done sp in at least a year but i would sometimes win it 5 times in a row and sometimes lose like 30 times in a row.  :?

By pubstar I mean the top players on pubs. pub = public server like the ESAW NYC and hardcore servers. different than pug=pick up game, where random players play a scrim style game over irc and/or vent (usually far more competitive and 5 on 5 tdm or s&d).

#22 Mon, Jul 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Ronin
Xfire
Rank
1911Ronin
Score: 31,756
51 K / 94 D
Dogtags: 1
Rank
1911Ronin
Cash: $8,586,595
15,311 K / 13,217 D
Takedowns: 0

After several runs i got a 15.1 as my best.I shot a lot of real gun competition similar to this so its part reflexs and part planning the most efficient run with the least amount of wasted motion.

b_560_95.png

#23 Thu, Jul 23, 2009 12:33 am

Crasher
Retired

I think I got a lot of insight now and what a pubstar is.

Happy gaming everyone and see you all in the servers.

Board footer